March 31st Deadline for abstracts (300-500 words)
April 14th 2019 Notification of abstract acceptance
June 8th 2019 Deadline for sending paper-presentations (apapathanassis(at)hs-bremerhaven.de
June 13th to 15th 2019 6th International Cruise Conference
July 28th 2019 Deadline for full papers
September 1st 2019 Reviews / Paper Acceptance Notification
November 10th 2019 Revised / Final Paper Submission
2019-2020 Publication Special Issue: Journal of Tourism in Marine Environments
OPTION 1: Online Submissions
In order to enable a more efficient and effective management of the submission process we have decided to use the EasyChair Conference Management System for this ICC Edition. Here are the key steps for Registering and submitting online:
Step 1: Visit the ICC6 Submission Portal (Easy Chair) and Create an Account / Log In
Once you log-in, you will see a summary table of the conference’s key data. Do not be alarmed by the stated paper submission deadline (in the system it is the 8th of June 2019 for final papers, simply because the system does not enable a deadline after the conference). The actual deadline for the final papers is the 28th of July 2019. The abstract submission deadline is the 31st of March 2019 (as shown)
Step 2: Click on the ‘New Submission’ Menu link (top left) and fill out the form
You will need to fill-in author details, as well as the title of your paper, the abstract and keywords. Do NOT upload PDF papers at this point, as this phase involves the review of absracts. Press the ‘Submit button’ at the bottom of the page. Once you have done this, your abstract is submitted for review in the system. You will be notified on the acceptance of your abstract per email.
Step 3: Upload Final Paper and Subsequent Revisions by clicking on the menu ‘My Submissions’
Here you can upload your final paper and / or revised paper, following the peer reviewing process.
OPTION 2: Per Email (pls ONLY if you encounter difficulties with Online Submission – Option 1)
If for any reason you cannot access our online submission possibility (EasyChair Portal), then our team will enter your abstract and subsequent paper into the conference system.
BEFORE ICC6: Abstract Submission (Deadline 31st of March 2019)
Abstracts should have a minimum of 300 and no more than 500 words. They must include the proposed title for the paper; the full names (first name and surname, not initials), postal addresses and email addresses of all authors and a telephone number for at least one contact author. Abstracts must be submitted as .docx file attachments by March 31st 2019 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
ICC Conference Days: 13-15th of June 2019
The authors present their papers during the ICC6 track sessions and obtain feedback, whic they can incorporate into the full-paper submission. The aim of submitting the final papers after presenting them in the conference is to enable authors to improve and revise their work accordingly, improving in this way the acceptance chances of their final papers.
AFTER ICC6: Full Paper Submission (Deadline 28th of July 2019)
Only required if the abstract has been accepted for publication. Papers should not exceed 5,000 words including abstract, keywords and references (the APA referencing rules need to be adhered to). Submission deadline is July 28th 2019. Papers should be sent as .docx file attachments via email to: apapathanassis(at)hs-bremerhaven.de. Figures and diagrams should be incorporated in the text file AND ALSO delivered separately in their original format (e.g. pptx, xlsx, jpeg)
Important information – Please Note:
- The Conference language is English. This applies for abstracts and papers submitted.
- All abstracts received by the submission deadline will be double-blind reviewed by members of the Conference Committee to ensure that the proposed papers are relevant to the Conference.
- All full papers received by the submission deadline will be checked by members of the Scientific Committee to ensure that the proposed subject of their abstract has been followed, and that the papers are appropriately referenced, of a suitable length and written in good English. Full papers can be rejected if these criteria are not met.
- Please note that we also welcome the submission of case studies, conceptual-, and discussion-papers
- To enable theory-development and ‘interdisciplinarity’ , we welcome and support contributions originating from other academic domains (i.e. outside tourism / maritime tourism)
- New, non-published, researchers are explicitly encouraged to submit
- Papers that are reviewed and accepted will be published in the Conference proceedings / Journal Special Issue, provided at least one author registers and presents the work at the Conference.
- Papers must constitute original contributions and may not appear in other publications and/or conferences.
- Authors, whose papers have been selected for publication, may be asked to sign a transfer of copyright agreement, before their contributions can be published.